Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Doggie Jail

So my neighbor has two dogs (Charlie & Alice) that come to our house a lot to play with our dog Albert. Well, Monday started out as a regular day, Charlie and Alice came over to play and we didn't really think anything about it. Later that evening my neighbor called and asked if I had seen Charlie. I told her that I saw Charlie that morning, but I hadn't seen her since then and that I would call if I saw her running around. The next morning I saw Charlie in our yard, so I called my neighbor and said, "Charlie is in our yard" she said "Yeah, I know, this morning I heard her howling so I went out looking for her and she was locked up in your playhouse" I was mortified. I felt terrible that she had asked me if I knew where her dog was and I told her that I didn't and she found her dog locked up in our playhouse like we were trying to keep her dog hostage or something. When I got off the phone I found Abigail and asked, "Do you know where Charlie is?" and she said "Yes, she is sleeping in my playhouse" The thought didn't even cross my mind to ask Abigail if she had seen Charlie previously. Abigail and I had a very serious talk about not putting animals in her playhouse or anywhere that they can not get out because they need to eat, play, and poop. We went to the store and bought Charlie a chew toy and some doggie treats and we took it to the neighbor's house and Abigail apologized to Charlie and the neighbors for holding Charlie prisoner overnight. If only I could get into the brain of my four-year-old, I could understand a whole lot more.

1 comment: