Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dancing In Color

We have had a CRAZY-BUSY summer this year with projects, camping trips, music recitals, T-Ball and coach pitch, and dance. WHEW! Dance season is finally over and the girls did awesome in their recital. This year's theme was Dancing In Color. The twins color was Yellow and they did a tap routine to The Yellow Rose of Texas and a ballet routine to You Are My Sunshine. Abigail's color was Green and she did a ballet routine to Greensleeves, a tap routine to The Green Grass Grows All Around, and a jazz routine to Get Your Sparkle On. Unfortunately, with seven costume changes between the three girls, I only got pictures of the girls in their ballet costumes. I have decided that I am going to need a personal assistant if we keep this Dance thing up much longer and I think we will cause the girls LOVE it. The girls all did very well in the recital, but I am definatley most impressed with Abigail. She has improved by leaps and bounds (no pun intended) this year. She was front and center in all of her dances and I could tell that she was one of the leaders in her class. She will be moving up a level next year and I look forward to seeing her challenged that way.
 Elizabeth is usually a bit shy when it comes to dance, but she was a little fire-cracker on recital day and Emily wasn't sure how to handle it.
 Emily decided that she needed to wear her cow girl boots before her performance to get in "cow girl" mode for the Yellow Rose of Texas.


Such a fierce face Liz. You get 'em.

No comments: