Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Farewell Elder Stocker


Harrison checked into the MTC today. I can't believe that he is old enough to be a missionary. He will actually be 20 in one month, but it is crazy to me that I remember the day he was born. My parents came up with him on Friday so that Heather and I could spend time with him. My parents and Harrison were able to go to our ward party with us. On Saturday everyone was able to attend the recital and then we saw Happy Feet together and went to Olive Garden. Sunday we went to church together, had a small Christmas celebration with Harrison and then went to the Messiah Sing. The Messiah Sing was awesome, I hope to make it a family tradition from now on. It was a great way to expose Abigail to this fantastic work of art. On Monday we just spent some time at the park as a family. Papa wrestled with the twins and Grand Nan taught Abigail to sew. Grand Nan and Papa visited the dance studio to watch the girls dance. On Monday night was Family Home Evening and it was very emotional. Mom gave the lesson about missionary work, Darin and Shane bore their testimonies about the importance of going on a mission. Heather, Harrison and I sang "In the hollow of thy hand" and the girls sang "I hope they call me on a mission." We finished things off with my dad giving Harrison a father's blessing. I am so grateful that I have so many righteous priesthood holders in my family to influence my little family for good. Monday night we said our goodbyes. Abigail was very tearful. I think she was afraid because all of the adults were so emotional, so we had to explain to her that we were crying happy tears. My parents left on Tuesday morning with Harrison to spend the day in Salt Lake.



We were so busy that I didn't get many pictures of Harrison. I love this little/big brother of mine. Good luck Elder Stocker!

No comments: