Monday, July 23, 2012

Funny Little 4 Year Olds

This post doesn't have any pictures to it cause I am blogging from Texas away from my laptop, but I needed to write these things down before I forgot them completly. We have had a blast on Vacation for the past week or so and have just started the "Texas" portion of our summer. Here are a few things that the twins have said that have made me giggle lately.

We have spent alot of time in the sun swimming and catching up on our suntans. Elizabeth has a white birth mark that you can not normally see, but when she tans it is obvious because it does not tan. Here was her question to me a couple of days ago.

"Mommy, why do I have a white bookmark?" (birthmark = bookmark in her mind)

I have already forgotten which of my twins said this one, but on our "Colorado" portion of our summer vacay, Papa Carl treated us to a white water float trip down the Colorado River. There were innertubes that the "brave" ones could ride in over some of the Class 2 Rapids. One of the twins said (I think it was Emily, but not sure), "I want a turn in the interpeed" (innertube = interpeed).

There has been an outbreak of Whooping Cough this year thus the need for educational commercials about getting the pertussis vaccination. Elizabeth overheard a commercial talking about how children have been dying from Whooping Cough and she came in the kitchen and said, "Mom, I really don't want to get Pooping Cough. That sounds yucky!" (The expression on her face was priceless. She was in complete disgust that such a thing as Pooping Cough even existed).

Last night, I was tucking the kids into bed and each of them were taking turns saying their prayers.
This is how Elizabeth's prayer went:

"Heavenly Father, please help Harrison be good on his mission and please bless my new baby brother Carson Kent Ralphs that he will not wiggle too much in mommy's tummy so that she doesn't throw up. Jesus Christ Amen."

What a sweetie!

No comments: