Friday, November 14, 2008

No Water For 42 Hours!

Wednesday (November 12th) at about 5:00 I went to turn on our kitchen faucet to wash dishes and the water wouldn't come on. Then, I noticed that the washing machine had stopped rinsing the clothes that were in the washer. Then I made the realization that WE HAD NO WATER! Something had happend to our well. So, Darin crawled down into the well, which is bug and spider infested (talk about fear factor), and tried to figure out what happened with no success. Thursday, Darin had the day off work and he spent almost the entire day taking different parts of the well pump in to be tested by the pump store. Of course, the pump store said that they needed to come onsite to fix the problem, so they scheduled an appointment for 9:00 a.m. on Friday. To make a long story short we finally had water by 11:00 a.m on Friday. I am not looking forward to seeing the bill on this one! You never really realize how much you use something until you can't use it. We had to be quite creative when it came to showers, toilet use, washing hands, washing dishes, making baby bottles, etc. I am so glad that I live in the 21st century. Hooray for indoor plumbing!

1 comment:

Lanae said...

I hope you went to my mom's to get water? Your girls are sure growing like crazy. They are adorable!