Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Morning 2009

A Proud Pa Pa Carl What is my dad doing at our house on Christmas morning? Remember we live in Idaho and all of my family lives in Texas except for Heather. Well, on Christmas Eve after our Ralphs family party at about 10:00 p.m. my dad calls and said, "Misty did you get a package from us today?" and I said "No" and then he responded by saying, "Well, go look outside for it maybe UPS put it beside your house or at your back door" so I opened the door to see a huge package with a red bow on top sitting in my driveway. I was a bit perplexed because there was no way I could have missed something that size earlier in the day. I then saw that the package was moving, so I called Darin to the door thinking it was a prank. Darin said, "There is something alive in there!" because we could see that it was moving. I thought it might be an animal so I through my phone at it hoping it would run off. At that time we hear "Ouch! and my brother Harrison jumped out of the package and my parents jumped out from behind our big pine trees." They gave themselves to us as a gift this year. WHAT A SURPRISE!! I am so glad that my house was clean and that I had a place for them to sleep. No one wants visitors to come to their house unannounced if they are unprepared. They brought several grocery sacks full of food, so that I didn't have to worry about running to the store (45 minutes away) to feed them. Needless to say, everyone was excited and we stayed up until midnight on Christmas Eve wired from the excitement. I was happy Heather and Shane were at my house to be apart of the surprise too. We had 10 people at our house on Christmas Morning and had to open gifts in shifts because it was taking so long. We go one at a time opening presents, so we opened half of them then ate breakfast, then opened the other half after breakfast.
Elizabeth was not acting like her cheerful, spunky, little self on Christmas Morning. I knew something was wrong with her when she didn't even care about playing with the School Bus that sang "The Wheels on the Bus" her favorite song. She ran a fever all day on Christmas. The next day we took her to the doctor and they tested her for Strep. She had a bad case of Strep Throat and they gave her antibiotic injections right in the doctors office so that she would start feeling better.

I love this picture of Emily. Her face just says, "Christmas" to me. She is so excited about all of the toys around.


I couldn't get a good shot of Abigail on Christmas morning because she was moving at the speed of light from gift to gift. She got this doll house for Christmas that her barbies can actually stand up in. She also is a big fan of "As seen on TV" toys, so she got a Pillow Pet, Bendarooz, and a kids size Snuggie from Santa Claus. She must have been a really good girl in 2009.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How fun! what a great surprise!