Thursday, January 14, 2010

For the Strength of Youth


My church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) just created an amazing website for the youth of our church. It has all kinds of stuff on it that is absolutely great for the youth of today to be able to use as a resource and put on the armour of God to fight the daily battle against Satan. Go to this link to visit the website https://beta.lds.org/youth?locale=eng

I am so glad that God did not send me to this world to wander around aimlessly wondering what I should be doing with my life. He has given us the Holy Scriptures as a guide on how to live our lives to be able to return to Him. He has also given us modern day prophets to guide us in the world today. One of the things that our modern day prophets have given us is the For the Strength of Youth booklet. When I was a youth I was very aware of this book, but I was more annoyed by it than anything. I was annoyed because it basically had all of the answers in it on how we should be living our lives and what we should do when we encounter specific situations and I knew that there were some changes that I needed to make in my life. I have recently gained a strong testimony of the importance of this booklet. If we follow the teachings in this booklet, then we will not fail. It is just like following a tried and true blue ribbon recipe. If you follow the recipe, then you will get pleasing results, if you don't follow the recipe, then the outcome will be unknown and sometimes a disaster. I think everyone should use this booklet as a guide for their lives along with the scriptures of course. This book is an amazing parenting tool too. Click here to go to the website of the contents of the book.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I didn't know you knew Larissa! How cool. Are you in the same ward? Small world.