Monday, January 25, 2010

Visitor Etiquette


Darin and I got into a discussion about what appropriate visitor etiquette is, so I started wondering what other people think about this topic. I think this depends on how a person is brought up and their cultural influences. So I wanted to take a poll. Answer the poll to your right so I know what you think. Let me give you an example. Darin thinks that it is totally okay for visitors to drop buy unannounced and stay for as long as they want and he does the same thing to other people. He will just drop by people's houses to say hi without telling them he is coming. I think that a person should always call before they come over to see whether or not I am available to visit. What do you think?

A. It is okay for anyone to stop by my house unannounced to visit for any length of time.
B. Only family members are welcome to stop by my house unanounced all other people should call first.
C. I would really prefer if anyone that wanted to come by my house call me first and see if I am available. I have a busy schedule and not all times are the best times to chat.
D. People should visit my house by appointment only. I don't like surprise visitors.

No comments: