Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love Me Tender

Here is what we did to celebrate Valentine's day.
In no particular order. At about 2:30 in the afternoon, there was a knock at my door and there were about 15-20 ladies standing at my front door wearing pink shirts. They told me that someone sent me a singing valentine. I invited them in and they filled my living room and sang "Love Me Tender" barbershop style and gave me a valentine from Darin. I was very amused and surprised that Darin thought of something like that. The girls loved it. Good job Darin. I loved it. It is rare that I get to be sung to cause I am normally the one doing the singing.



Nohting says I love you more to Darin than a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphey's. We had pizza and soda for dinner, Darin's favorite and us girls gave him a new pair of church shoes.

Valentines Cookies. Since Valentines day was on a Monday, we decided to deliver valentines cookies to our visiting teaching and home teaching families for FHE. The girls had a blast decorating the cookies.


I actually really don't like making cut-out sugar cookies because it is an all-day event. First you make the dough (which I have an awesome recipe from my friend Kristin if anyone wants it), then you chill the dough, that is when I usually make the frosting, but this time I cheated and bought Betty Crocker Frosting. After the dough chills for a couple of hours, you cut out the cookies, which takes forever, then you bake the cookies, then the cookies have to cool, and then they can be decorated. On Sunday, we made 9 dozen cut-out sugar cookies. Whew! I told the girls that we could only do this activity once or twice a year cause it is such a process.


My Little Bakers.



Valentine Boxes. Abigail's school sent a note home asking if they could make a valentine box to put their valentines in for their class party. On Sunday we had fun decorating the boxes. I love to see my little girls minds at work.










No comments: