Sunday, February 27, 2011

Calm Child



Just the name of this post it is kind of an oxymoron in my house, because the only time it seems like my children are calm is when they are sleeping. We have been especially concerned about Abigail because it seems like her active behavior is WAY above average for a little girl her age. I have been doing some research on ways to calm children down, and keep them focused. I do realize that I have twins that are 3 and a 6 1/2 year old and that we are cooped up in our house or school most of the day because of the lovely Idaho weather, but really, anyone who has spent a long amount of time with my children know that we are all talk and all action. So here is something that I have come across that helps my children chill out when they need to be chilled it is what I call a "Calm Child" potion. Here it is:

Mix 1 drop each of rosemary, sage, lavender, and chamomile oil in 1/8 cup of Olive oil, and use this aromatic oil to rub your child's feet.

I must note that it is very important to use pure essential oils, not synthetic ones. There is a company called doTerra that sells pure essential oils, if anyone is interested. This "Calm Child" potion smells really yummy too. You can put it on your child's spine too, but because I have children with very sensitive skin, I just stick with the feet. I don't know if just the act of rubbing my children's feet calms them down, but I do this in the day time too. I use it if the children are overly hyper and I can't seem to get them to calm down. I use it if someone is upset or inconsolable about something. It seems to help for a couple of hours at least. I am not to big into homeopathy and naturepathy, but I try to use natural things first al ot of times.

No comments: