Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dance Recital 2011

I am not quite sure why I can't get my pictures in the order that I want for my blog posts, but oh well I guess. Friday was the girls dance recital and I am so proud of them, they did an excellent job. The theme was the Wonderful World of Dance and each class was assigned a different Disney movie song to dance to. The twins danced to Beauty and the Beast and Abigail danced to A Whole New World from Aladdin. All of the pictures are of the girls in their Ballet costumes. I was so busy getting everyone changed into their tap outfit that I totally forgot to take pictures. The girls each did one ballet dance and one Tap dance. The twins tapped to I Just can't wait to be king from the Lion King and Abigail tapped to Friend Like Me from Aladdin. It was a really cute recital. The girls favorite part was when the "REAL" princess came back stage to sign autographs in their dance programs. I also did not get pictures with the princesses, but the girls were in awe. The REAL princesses did an opening number and it featured Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Ariel, and Snow White. Back stage in the dressing room, one of the big girls does some stretches with the twins class. I would just like to say how much I love the studio that my girls dance at. They offer a variety of dance (Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip-Hop, etc.) and they are good at what they do. I think they are the perfect mixture of fun and professional and they turn out beautiful dancers. The older girls take care of the little ones and it is really like one big happy family. Just recently a graduate from DSDS made it to Vegas on So You Think You Can dance. She actually made it into the top 30 just shy of the top 20 chosen to be on the show. Pretty impressive, I think. Dance is very expensive and we have to sacrifice quite a bit to have our girls participate in it, but they love it and I can see everything it is teaching my little girls, which is why I think it is well worth the money. Also, the studio owner is LDS (she actually danced with the Osmond's) and I feel like she has a pretty good moral compass, so I don't need to worry about things being tasteless.

Elizabeth - Princess Belle


Mommy & Her 3 Beautiful Princesses


Emily - Princess Belle




Abigail - Princess Jasmine



Dancing Sisters


Wow, can I just say that it is a lot of work to be a dance mom of 3 little girls. It took me 2 hours to get the girls ready start to finish. I was exhausted. Thanks to Aunt Alana's suggestions we had some pretty good looking buns with the help of some hair pieces and a bun donut.

No comments: