Monday, July 4, 2011

Wind


So we just got this trampoline about 10 days ago. See a couple of posts below. We had a really bad wind storm on Thursday, June 30th and I get a knock on the door from my neighbor that my trampoline was on the fence. I couldn't quite comprehend what she was saying to me, so I went to look and this is what I found. The wind had picked my trampoline up, carried it across the yard and set it back down on the fence, braking a few fence boards and hanging on my Internet antenna. I was not quite sure what to do. I called Shane (Heather's husband) and he came to my rescue. We will be securing our tramp to the ground from now on with sand bags. Hopefully, that will help.

The crazy thing about this story is that my kids were jumping on this trampoline 5 minutes before this happened. I am pretty sure their weight at 30, 32, 51 lbs would not have held that trampoline down cause it took Shane and I with all of the strength we had to remove the trampoline from the fence and keep it from carrying us across the lawn. It was like tying a sail to a sail boat on a windy day. We don't really have tornadoes here, but the wind can be quite ferocious even on a beautiful sunny day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: