Monday, May 14, 2012

Busy-ness & Family Visit

The last 3 1/2 weeks have been a whirlwind of of events in our family. My mom, Heather, and I went to the BYU Women's Conference and it was a weekend of fun and spiritual growth. We got to eat breakfast with my cousins Kristin and Ben and their families. I haven't seen them for a few years so that was nice. Unfortunately, when I start getting busy and having fun I forget to take pictures, so that is how much of the last 3 1/2 weeks have been for me.

The weekend after women's conference my dad and Aunt Susanne flew in for Heather's pinning. Heather gratuated from ISU's nursing program in December and has been working at the hospital, but they only have one pinning each year, so she was pinned with all of her friends. We are proud of Heather's accomplishments and will miss her when she moves to Bountiful, UT this summer. At least she is only moving 2 hours away. Shane got a job as a high school shop teacher and track coach and Heather is looking for employment in the Bountiful area.
 The girls loved having Papa & Grand Nan and Aunt Susie to play with.
 One of our favorite activities was going on a nature walk/hike near Mink Creek. It just melts my heart to see my little Elizabeth hiking the trail with papa.

 There was a troll guarding the bridge that the girls had to cross.
 My parents and Aunt Susanne stayed because I had a big concert in Helena, Montana. I performed Mahler's Symphony No. 8 with about 400 other singers and 100 plus instruments. It was a wonderful experience for me. I don't think I will have many opportunities in this life to perform that piece of music, so I was definately up for the challenge. It was the hardest piece of music I have ever learned. While there, a family that sponsored the symphony let me stay in their guest house. It was very cute and I loved the property. Helena, MT is beautiful and Scott and Heidi Kinner's 11 acre property was georgous.

 One of my favorite places in Helena was the Helena Cathedral. It was so beautiful and the acoustics were amazing.



 Idaho meets Helena.
 I think one of the reasons why I liked Helena so much besides the obvious support for the arts was that they preserved their history so well. We went on a walking tour of Last Chance Gulch and Reeder's Alley and learned about how Helena came to be in the 1800's.

It was a fun trip and I am so lucky to have the support of family members that love me. While my parents were here they helped out with the kids alot and helped me with a few projects around the house. We painted and decorated my kitchen. My dad and twins worked on my flower beds. My mom did a sewing project and cleaned and organized like crazy and they also helped Heather pack up her house for her move to Bountiful. We also enjoyed talking to Harrison on Mother's Day. I think his spirit is up and he is excited about doing missionary work. It was very good to hear his voice.

No comments: