Friday, June 21, 2013

Swim Camp

I have really struggled with finding decent swimming lessons here in South East Idaho and I knew with us not taking our annual trip to Texas this summer, I had to get my girls swimming. We have tried a couple of places and they were simply terrible. If only I  had a pool, I could have such a great impact on this community with providing top-notch swimming lessons. Anyway, I did some research and found a place about an hour from my home called Downata Hot Springs. They used Red Cross Learn To Swim Levels like Stocker Swim School, and they seemed to have experienced teachers and small classes, so I thought we would give it a try. We decided to camp there because I didn't want to drive 2 hours each day for lessons. It was a success! The girls liked their classes and they seemed to learn quite a bit. I really liked the twins teacher, Deb. Abigail's teacher was decent, but I liked Deb better. I think if I go back next year, I will request a private lesson with Deb for Abigail, she really needs work on technique. Lots of dirt, sun, and swimming was just what we needed after an intense week of dance.



Carson just loved the splash pad with 93 degree water squirting out of the ground.





Abigail and Emily braved the Dragon waterslide. Emily became quite the fish over the week.


Swimming with 4 kids under 8 is quite the job, at least Abigail can tread water a little bit now.

Sitting in the shade. It got up to 92 degrees during the day, pretty hot for Idaho.

Waiting for swimming lessons to begin.

Carson was pretty patient watching the girls swim. It was cold in the mornings, but the pool was 92-95 degrees, so as long as you were in the water it was pleasant.
 

Emily is quite the floater. She loves to float on her front and her back.

Swimming to Mrs. Deb.

Elizabeth is a lot more cautious when it comes to swimming, but she actually swam to the wall on her last day with out her teacher's help. YEA! LIZ!

Waiting her turn - Abigail

Working on the American Crawl and the Breast Stroke


No comments: