Sunday, November 30, 2014

Darin

This year has been a year of home improvements. We have done a lot of projects around the house and they have turned out pretty fabulous thanks to Darin and all of his handy-man skills.

Our biggest project was converting the garage into a classroom. Darin put in lots of hours and I am so happy with the final product.

 



 This is my happy place! Now my teaching doesn't disturb my family and my family doesn't disturb my teaching. We have our house back. I love it and my students do too!
 

 
Before school started, Darin made the girls some bag hooks to keep them organized.
 

Darin put some new cabinets in for our anniversary (not pictured) and got me a kitchen island and hung some cute red spice shelves.
We had to get a very large shed to host all of Darin's tools that were moved out of the garage for the garage conversion.
 
Also, not pictured: my new dining room (which used to be the preschool room). It has a nice clean coat of green and cream colored paint and a vintage style table and chairs. We also painted the bathroom peach and white instead of the 90's inspired sponge-blue paint that we had going on.
 
It is clear that Darin loves his family from the acts of service that he provides. Probably the biggest news for Darin this year is that his truck-driving days have finally come to an end. He began a job with All-State in October and he loves it so far. He is in training until February, so we are not out of the dark yet, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and we have hope for a bright future with Darin and All-State. So Proud of Him!


No comments: