Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Little Thumb Scuker


Emily has always sucked on her hands since birth, but a few days ago she found her thumb. Now, I will give her a pacifier and she will take it out and stick her thumb in her mouth. I know everyone has different opinions on thumb sucking, but if it isn't dangerous and it makes her happy, I will just have to deal with trying to get her to stop sucking her thumb later in life. The nice thing about it is that she can get it for herself, if Elizabeth's pacifier falls out of her mouth, she will cry unitl I put it back in. I may regret this later, but it works for now. Talk to me later when she is about eight and still sucking her thumb and see if I regret letting her suck her thumb. I don't know, I sucked my thumb and turned out okay, at least I think I did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. McKenna slept great after she could find her thumb all by herself. Down with binkies I say! (of course, my almost 4-year-old has really crooked teeth now. But her mouth is too tiny anyway and she would have needed braces anyway, so what they hey)

I love all of Abby's outfits, too cute.