Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Strawberry Jam


About a week ago Fred Meyer had Strawberries on sale for $1.22 lb, a really good price I thought. I bought 8 lbs of strawberries and they were perfect; not a single bad strawberry in the whole bunch. I made jam for the first time in my whole life and it is soooooo good! My relief society president and Darin's Aunt Fay helped me. We made about 18 jars - which only covered about 4 lbs of the strawberries. We ate about 1lb of strawberries in the process and I froze the other 3 lbs. Yum! Yum!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lanae said...

Good Job! That will taste great any time of the year on toast!

Katherine Young said...

YUM. i love homemade jam. its the best.

Tracy said...

Hey Misty! (this is Tracy by the way. Elliot chose me to be they typer but he is "helping" me write) Could your kids be any cuter? I am so jealous you have twins! I am still hanging on to the possibility that I am carrying twins (doubtful). And Abigail is the most beautiful little girl!

Samye said...

I am jealous!! I have always wanted to make home made jam but just haven't felt like I could! So... impressive!