Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Torticollis = Turtle Neck

Here is my story. I woke up on Saturday morning at about 3:30 a.m. to feed the twins on my living room couch. The next thing I knew it was 7:00 a.m. and my neck was frozen in one position. At first I thought that I just had a crick in my neck and that it could be worked out, but after a few hours of a heating pad and some Motrin, it was only getting worse. I was in pretty extreme pain and I was getting tired and frustrated because I could only hold my neck in one crooked position. We decided that I probably needed to go to the ER and the doctors told me that I had Torticollis which translates to Turtle Neck, basically I pinched a nerve in my neck. I don't really care what it is called, it hurts! I am now on some pretty strong pain killers, a muscle relaxer, and look like I have been in a car accident. Who knew a person could injure themselves in their sleep? I feel a little better today, but definitely not great and I can't lift anything that weighs more than 5 lbs. Lesson to be learned: don't sleep on the couch.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

knjfabela said...

So sorry to hear this story! What a pain a night on the couch can be. I guess if anyone needs to go to the couch from now on I will send Joey!

Devin and Megan said...

Oh gosh! You can lift more than 5 lbs. Do you need help? Your twins, I know your twins weigh more that that :) Please call if you need anything.
(208) 757 0154

Samye said...

How sad!! Hopefully you get feeling better!!