Friday, May 23, 2008

What a Storm!



A couple of nights ago we had a huge wind storm. I kept thinking it was going to start downpouring, but no luck. For those of you that don't know, I love Texas storms, especially the thunder and lightning (as long as I am safe indoors and not teaching swimming lessons). I did however hear my first burst of thunder since I have been in Idaho, just one burst, but it made me excited. Well, anyway, my sister Heather was over and she heard a huge crash and she said, "What was that?" we looked outside and didn't see anything, but it was really dark, so we couldn't really see anything anyway. A few minutes later we got a phone call from the neighbors across the street. Our 90 foot Poplar tree had fallen across the road and was blocking the street and in the neighbor's yard. Someone came out with a backhoe and pushed it out of the street and into our yard so people could get by. This is what it looked like.

1 comment:

Lanae said...

That was a terrible dust storm. Good thing it snowed again HA! HA! Those trees have been falling down my whole life (23) and before. They make such a mess, but luckily no power outages this time.