Wednesday, March 31, 2010

5 yr. old logic

Yesterday, Abigail had me cracking up. I had to blog about two separate conversations we had.

Conversation #1
Setting: Driving home in the car.

Abigail "Mom, I am going to get daddy some slippers, a tractor, and a Blackberry for fathers day."
Misty "Oh really Abigail, those are all things daddy would like."
Abigail "Mom guess what I am going to get you for mothers day?"
Misty "What?"
Abigail "I am going to get you some lights that clap on and clap off and a Raspberry."

Conversation #2
Setting: Abigail has just cut her finger on a really sharp knife in the kitchen.

Abigail "MOM I'M BLEEDING!"
Misty "I bet you won't touch the blade of a knife again will you?"
(Abigail is getting a bit panicked at this point)
Misty "Here is a cold wet rag to put on your finger, now go sit on the couch and hold your hand above your head and put pressure on your finger. "
(Abigail takes off running down the hallway away from the living room)
Abigail "MOM! WHERE'S THE PRESSURE?"
(I had to get her calmed down and explain what pressure was)

4 comments:

knjfabela said...

Love it!!! So glad you shared these.

Jennifer said...

Ha ha. Poor Abby! Sterling told me this was the worst day of his life today because he got stung by a wasp, twice.

Kathryn said...

I haven't looked at your blog in forever. I love all the pictures of the cows. You're going to have 36 cows soon! That's crazy. Your girls are so cute. I love the pictures of Abigail's dance competition. You can tell she is such a girly girl... I wouldn't expect anything less from your first born :). I want to come see you in Rockland again. My brother and his family live in Soda Springs. I think that is kind of close to you. I wish I could have all my friends and family live with in five minutes of me all the time no matter where I move. I just looked at Jennifer's blog too. I didn't know that she had three boys. good to hear from you. call me sometime and I need to do the same. love you.

Kathryn said...

Oh... and I'm so sorry about the poop thing. Toddlers can be so disgusting... uh... nasty poop.