Sunday, March 14, 2010

Poop Everywhere


Warning: Do not keep reading if you are easily grossed out or offended by the topic of toddler excrement's.


First off I need to say AaaaaaaHhhhhh! For the twins second birthday they got all of the things that they needed to start potty-training. I wasn't really planning on potty-training them until this summer, when it is okay to run around the house in underwear, but I thought if each of them got their very own potty chair, Elmo that pees, and big girl panties, we could start talking about going pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty. I think I have created a monster. Elizabeth is a little bit interested in the potty and she loves to wear the panties over her diaper, but Emily is a whole different story. Emily will actually go in the potty #1 and #2 if I catch her at the right moment, but here is my problem. Emily will wear a diaper, but as soon as she goes #2, off goes the pants, and off goes the diaper, with all content inside. Does she tell me that she is poopy? NO! I think she is playing nicely in the play room and then I hear screams from Abigail and Elizabeth. "Eeeeeeeewwwwww Poop!" as Emily is stomping in her dirty diaper or wiping it on the walls, etc.. What is her freaking problem? Does she know how disgusting that is? This has not happened just once, it happens almost everyday. I have talked to her about how poop goes in the potty, I have had her help clean the mess up, and I have sat her on the toilet hoping that she would poop there. HELP!!! What do I do? I am totally disgusted by cleaning up poop mess everyday. This has gone on for about two weeks and I am at my wits end! Good thing she isn't a puppy or she would have been kicked out of the house days ago!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'd duct tape her diaper on her, put her panties over top and then set a timer and sit her on the potty every hour or so to encourage her to go IN the potty. I wouldn't do well with poop everywhere, either.