Monday, April 19, 2010

Another Trip to the ER


You can't really see what happened in this picture, which is probably a good thing for our blog readers, but I will tell you what happened. Last Wednesday, when Abigail came home from school she was playing with some flowers that I had made with wooden dowels used for the stem. Abigail still puts everything in her mouth and she was chewing on the end of the stick, when she tripped and fell into a chair. The wooden dowel went in her mouth and punctured her soft palate. OUCH! There was so much blood that I couldn't really see what happened, so I rushed her to the hospital. They got the bleeding to stop and did some X-Rays and told her to take some pain medicine, rinse her mouth several times a day with salt water, take an antibiotic to prevent infection and stay on a soft foods diet for a while. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was and we are lucky that It wasn't as bad as it could have been. I sure hope all kids aren't this accident prone.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What in the world? Mouth injuries have to be some of the hardest things to judge with all the blood. Glad it ended up not being that serious.