Thursday, April 8, 2010

Conference Weekend

On Friday after we went to Ruby Tuesdays we said good bye to Heather and Shane and the boys headed to Salt Lake and the girls headed to Idaho Falls. On Saturday morning, the boys (Carl, Darin, Harrison, and Thomas) were able to attend the first session of general conference. The girls went to another one of Abigail's dance competitions and we were pretty happy with the results. Abigail's team got 1st and 2nd place in her age group and category. After the dance competition, we rushed to Salt Lake and made it there just in time for the second session of general conference. I loved it!!! I can't remember when I started liking conference, but I really enjoyed myself this time. If any one is needing direction in their lives or wants to better understand what mormons believe, general conference is the place to get it. You can go to https://beta.lds.org/general-conference?locale=eng

My two favorite talks on Saturday were given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland the name of his talk was "No place for the enemy of my soul." He basically talked about how immorality is destroying families and how to protect ourselves and our families from being destroyed.
and Elder David A. Bednar his talk was named "Watching with all perseverance." He talked about how we can give our children spiritual guidence.

No comments: