Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sunday

My favorite speakers on Sunday were:

James B. Martino. I am of course a little bit biased because he was my bishop when I was baptized at the age of 8 in Denton, Texas. I grew up with his kids and know where he comes from. It is pretty cool to personally know a general authority. The name of his talk was "All things work together for good." He basically talked about how we should react to trials and adversity.
I loved Donald L. Hallstrom's talk called "Turn to the Lord." He basically said that we should turn to the Lord when we face life's challenges not away from Him.

I can't think of a better way to spend an Easter morning. We got to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing before the first Sunday session of general conference and it was amazing. We are so lucky to have the Tabernacle Choir as a huge part of our church. They are really one of the best choirs in the world and they sing for free. Can you believe it? AMAZING is all I can say

There was no orchestra there, just the choir this time.

I just love Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I think he is a great story teller. His talk was called "You are my hands." It was a great talk about how God needs to use us to bring people to him.

I am so grateful to hear from the general authorities and I know that they are called by God. I am grateful for general conference and I can't wait unit October to listen to it again. It seems that there is so much for me to learn and every time I go to conference, my cup is filled.

No comments: