Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lockers - the best idea that I have had in a long time.

After we moved here I looked on craigslist for some lockers and we found a set of four that a man was selling that he had bought from the athletic department of a high school in Utah. We bought the entire set for $80. I was so excited. These lockers were the best idea that I have had in a really long time, they have solved so many problems in my life. Each kid gets to have their own locker with their own stuff in it. They have to have things approved before they lock them away and everyone knows that the other person's locker is off limits. Abigail was getting so frustrated with her sisters destroying her special things while she was at school. She was getting angry at me for not protecting her stuff and she was getting angry at her sisters. Now the ball is in her court and she has to take responsibility for protecting her things. This has made my life so much easier!!! The fourth locker is for "Toys in Time Out." Toys that are not cleaned up by the end of the day end up in this locker and only mommy can let them out. The way the girls get their toys out of time out is by doing something extra good and then I unlock the locker and they get to get a toy out of the locker that was confiscated. It is working!!! The playroom is starting to stay cleaner and I don't have to gripe about them cleaning up because they know what the consequence will be if they leave their toys out over night. The Toy Fairy will come in the middle of the night and lock away the toys. Man, this was genious for my house. I LOVE IT.



No comments: