Monday, May 23, 2011

Our Suprise Visit to Texas

Last weekend (5/13 - 5/17) we decided to hop in the car and drive 24 hours straight to Texas. My adopted grandmother (Grand Bev) passed away just before then, and I really wanted to go to her funeral cause she was a major part of my life for the past 20 years. Darin and I did some math and figured it would cost the same for me to get a last minute plane ticket as it would for the entire family to go on a road trip. Yes, we are crazy to subject ourselves to 48 hours of driving in a 96 hour time span, but we did it and the kids had a blast and I got to say goodbye to a good lady. My parents were totally surprised, they had no idea that we were coming and it was great seeing the shock on their faces. Of course the girls had to hit the pool, but I didn't dare swim because it was only 65 degrees.


My parents just happened to have some Texas shirts for the girls and they were excited to wear them on their trip back to Idaho.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: