Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pocatello Zoo - May 2011

Shane (Heather's husband) had a sister in town so we decided to take the kids to the Pocatello Zoo. The zoo is just the right size for little legs and little attention spans. It doesn't have the exotic animals like lions, tigers, elephants, zebras, giraffes, and hippos, but it does have animals that are more in their natural Idaho habitat.

The kids favorite animal was the baby black bear cub that was only 4 months old. He was so cute, just like a little baby.
In the middle of the park the kids took a break to do a dinosaur dig.



Our friend Collin found the first bone.



There were "dophers" everywhere.



I felt so sad for this big grizzly bear. She was just pacing back and forth in a space no larger than my front living room. She seemed really crowded and unhappy.




We brought our friends the Evans with us to the zoo. They seemed to have fun. Notice how my kids are really hard to spot in any of these pictures. They wouldn't sit still long enough for me to take a picture of them. I loved the tree that they are standing under. I don't know what the tree is called, but I would love to have one in my front yard.



I think my favorite was this Peacock, although I don't think they are native to Idaho.


No comments: