Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5 in 5

I have a really hard time keeping my house from being so cluttered. I see the clutter and I feel a bit overwhelmed. Yesterday the girls and I tried something new and it worked, so I thought I would share. After dinner I said, "we are going to spend 5 minutes in 5 rooms picking up." They moaned and grumbled, but off we went anyway. I let the girls choose the 5 rooms they wanted to pick up and we set the timer and cleaned and picked up for 5 minutes. Sometimes we were able to pick up the entire room and sometimes we weren't able to finish in 5 minutes, but by the end of the game the girls were having a great time, happy and no one was complaining. In fact they asked if we could do this every day. SURE THING! The house isn't completely clutter free, but we made a pretty good dent and I feel much better after 25 minutes. Who knows we may do 4 in 4 or six in six or 10 in 10 next time.

No comments: